ABOUT THE INITIATIVE AND FELLOWSHIP
Ivy Child International in partnership with the Aprendamos and Covarrubias Family Foundation and the Community Foundation of Southern New Mexico launched the Advancing Social Equity Initiative in the year 2020. The focus was to build the capacity of emerging nonprofits in Southern New Mexico to align with evidence-informed equity models. It aimed to seed a pilot demonstration model to ground equity in the fabric of local nonprofits, thereby increasing well-being among all leadership, staff, and constituents with exponential impact on the community.
The program is currently in its second year and to date, four nonprofit organizations have committed to advancing social equity within their organization and community.
To bring Advancing Social Equity Initiative & Fellowship to your area and organization, contact us.
• Any Human Services nonprofit in Southern New Mexico, those located in Las Cruces and Doña Ana County area, will be prioritized, with an annual operating revenue under $1.5 million.
• All applicants must have a 501 c3.
• Tribal, native and indigenous-led organizations in the area with a 501c3 are strongly encouraged to apply.
The application for this year’s Advancing Social Equity Initiative – Fellowship is closed.
- Helped organizations in capacity building to advance racial and social justice
- Worked with cohorts in developing models to expand equity, inclusion, and social justice.
- Catalyzed strategic initiatives inside the selected partner organizations to engage staff, board members, and constituent partners and welcome community engagement to advance social equity.
- Built a network of community partners; serving as resources to one another while identifying the need of the communities and working collaboratively to further the mission and vision of this grant.
- To date, 4 nonprofit organizations with 26 participants have committed to advancing social equity within their organizations and community.
ABOUT APRENDAMOS AND COVARRUBIAS FAMILY FOUNDATION FUND
The Aprendamos – Covarrubias Family Foundation Fund was established in 2020. This fund is a collaboration between Aprendamos Intervention Team, PA, also known as Aprendamos Family of Services, and the Covarrubias Family. The fund is held at the Community Foundation of Southern New Mexico.
The fund plans to focus on advancing child and family health and well-being and education through a lens of abundance, diversity, equity, and inclusion, along with awareness and capacity building.
Currently, the fund has created the Advancing Social Equity Initiative to support nonprofit organizations committed to advancing social equity within their organization and our community.