BREATHE TOGETHER, BREATHE FOR JUSTICE
This is the vision and wish of our children made into a reality in which adults practice more and stress less. Breathe Together Breathe for Justice is an annual mindfulness initiative that encourages the value and power of intergenerational mindfulness practice with as little as 10 minutes of Mindfulness every day and taking steps towards advancing social justice every day.
Researchers have found that practicing mindfulness and meditation can improve your immune system, lower blood pressure and even change brain structure and function.
COVID-19 has created trauma on a global scale. While many of us have had the privilege of distancing, we have experienced feelings of significant loss, a great sense of vulnerability, and a whirlwind of challenging emotions, including fear and grief. With so many unknowns, learning to live in the present moment is an effective, evidence-based approach to living more fully, compassionately, and joyfully.
Both children and adults can be overwhelmed by the stress, distractions, and conflicts of our world, the sessions offered through our Breathe Together Breathe For Justice Initiative helps participants develop the ability to focus on building peace, positivity, and stronger experiences while learning to manage their emotions through mindful breathing and yoga.
- Build a mindfulness practice and inspire children to do the same.
- Develop an intergenerational daily mindfulness practice resulting in healthier, happier, peaceful, and more compassionate relationships.
- Together take small steps through actions each day to advance social justice in ourselves, families, communities, and the world.
- All children, families, and community members.
- 10,000 children, youth, and adults have participated in this program to date.
- 99% report mindfulness promotes stronger relationships, focus, memory, and problem-solving.
- 98% Report daily mindfulness practice improves decision-making and emotional regulation.
- 99% Mindfulness cultivates agility and flexibility in attention, allowing more ease to tune into pleasant experiences. (spring blossoms, blue skies, laughter, and love).