In partnership with the Center for Parents and Teachers, we are hosting a series of 8 mindfulness workshops for parents, teachers, and caregivers in Concord-Carlisle and surrounding areas. The program includes 3 workshops in Fall 2019, 2 in the Winter, and 3 in Spring 2020.
The goals of the program are to:
- Educate caregivers on the benefits of mindfulness as a way to help reduce and manage stress and anxiety, improve wellness, strengthen relationships and connectivity, and build healthy habits
- Provide mindful strategies and coping tools to support self-care and use with children and youth
- Enhance community well-being
Sessions will combine (but are not limited to) mindful movement with guided meditation, breathing exercises, partner/group activities and discussion, and other mindfulness exercises. Classes will provide a safe, open, and interactive environment for self-reflection and engagement with other caregivers.
FALL 2019 SCHEDULE
All workshops are held from 7:00-8:30pm @ the Concord Carlisle High School – Learning Commons
- September 25: Mindfulness for Busy Parents, Teachers, and Caregivers
- November 20: Improving Performance and Reducing Stress
- December 11: Mindfulness for Balance and Compassion
REGISTRATION INFO: Please register HERE for each workshop individually. All workshops are FREE AND OPEN TO THE PUBLIC. We welcome all parents, educators, and other caregivers in the Concord-Carlisle and surrounding areas. No experience necessary. Join us for one or all sessions.
This project is funded through CHNA 15 DoN funds from Lahey Hospital and Medical Center and Winchester Hospital.