[su_spoiler title=”Who is Eligible to Apply?” open=”no” style=”fancy” icon=”plus” anchor=”” class=””]
- All yoga professionals around the globe who are experiencing financial hardship due to COVID-19 are eligible to apply for funding support (including Yoga Alliance members and non-members)
- 18 years of age or older;
- Yoga School owners can apply as individual professionals
- Preference will be given to applicants at or below 100% of the Area Median Income (AMI) prior to loss or reduction of income due to the coronavirus/COVID19 crisis (see below)
- Applicants must demonstrate a loss of income as a result of the COVID-19 crisis
- Proof of yoga teaching, residency, income eligibility, and proof of loss or reduction of income due to COVID-19 (coronavirus) must be provided
- Immigration status will not be considered in determining eligibility (i.e. undocumented residents are eligible).
[su_spoiler title=”What can the Emergency Relief Funds be used for?” open=”no” style=”fancy” icon=”plus” anchor=”” class=””]
Approved applicants will receive a minimum of $150 USD and maximum $1500 USD.
The Fund will be available to assist with other needs as detailed below.
- Rent Payments
- Mortgage Payments
- Utility Payments
Note: The Emergency Relief Fund is not for overdue rent payments, overdue mortgage payments, or overdue utility payments owed prior to the loss or reduction of income due to COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
[su_spoiler title=”Are the funds received taxable income?” open=”no” style=”fancy” icon=”plus” anchor=”” class=””]
A payment of funds from the Emergency Relief Fund for COVID-19 to the applicant is not income for the applicant because such a payment of funds is a qualified disaster relief payment under the federal law of the United States of America. Please refer to your country’s guidelines on disaster/emergency relief specifications for further information. Because a payment of funds is not income, we will not provide a tax form for any payment of funds to an applicant.
If an applicant has further tax questions, the applicant should contact a tax professional.
[su_spoiler title=”How to apply?” open=”no” style=”fancy” icon=”plus” anchor=”” class=””]
Applicants can apply online (link coming soon)
Once submitted, the application will be reviewed by a committee and applicants will be notified
The four basic steps to submitting this application:
- Complete the application form
- Upload supporting documents – The application does NOT require social security numbers or other Governmental identification numbers. Therefore, prior to submitting, please make sure to cross out all social security and id numbers where present.
- Confirm and submit