“It’s deeply disturbing. We tend to be more invisible, more marginalized in [race] conversations. … There’s so much we don’t know about the lived experiences of Asian-Americans and the factors that predict health and well-being for this group.”
– Doris Chang, Psychologist
Here is Lisa Wong in conversation with Angus Chen from WBUR talking about her experience:
Read our Founder & CEO’s Stop Asian Hate response here.
In our efforts towards building a voice and multi-racial solidarity, we share the following:
- What This Wave of Anti-Asian Violence Reveals About America
- Shirley Leung, Lisa Wong and Kami Rieck On Anti-Asian Racism
- Addressing Anti-Asian Attacks With Transformative Justice “This article educated me more about history and how we can proactively foster inter-community solidarity.. I highly recommend it!”
- Discrimination and Violence Against Asian Americans
- There were 3,800 anti-Asian racist incidents, mostly against women, in past year
- “Racism is manifested in different forms, including erasure of Asian American history. It’s been healing for me to learn more about our history and also solidarity across communities of color. This article by Michelle Kim is a great starting point: On Anti-Asian Hate Crimes: Who Is Our Real Enemy?”
- “Also, understanding the history and creation of the model minority myth and how it was intentionally designed to divide communities of color is really critical: ‘Model Minority’ Myth Again Used As A Racial Wedge Between Asians And Blacks”
- Targeting Asians and Asian Americans will make it harder to stop covid-19
- After Atlanta slayings, this time needs to be different for Asian Americans
You can read and listen to the interview from WBUR here.